Jun 15, 2007

Letting Go

As of this passed Wednesday I have never been away from Kyle over night. Crazy, huh? It's true, I just haven't been able to let go, I have only had a babysitter a hand full of times and that has been my sister. So to Kyle that was nothing new. But Spending the night has been out of the question.
Well, Scott won tickets to the Astro's game the other day at work. Woohoo, great was my first reaction, then of course I started thinking like a mom. Okay, does kyle go or not, who will watch him if not and how late can we really stay out. Then I have to think like a pregnant mom. Can I walk that far, will I be to tired? But that is besides the point. Well Lin said she will watch him since she will already have him, and says " since I will already have him asleep and he will be back over here in the morning anyway, just let him sleep over." I almost had heart failure at the thought of it. But in the end, with little persuasion, he stayed. He lived, I lived, Scott and I had fun at the game and I SLEPT ALL NIGHT!
So, I know there will be A LOT more instances where I will have to let go yet again, but at least I survived this time.

2 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Shelby said...

Wait until your baby leaves for college! And it will happen in a blink of an eye! Cherish EVERY moment.

*Jennifer* said...

That just can't happen, he will be grounded forever!