Aug 29, 2010

Soccer Mom.....

I am officially in the club...the soccer mom club! I use to always joke about 'being a soccer mom', not ever against it, but not really thinking I would be doing it.
We have wanted to get kyle involved in something for a while now and at the last minute were able to get him signed up with the local soccer club. This boy was so stinking excited to go to the store to pick out his very own soccer shoes, shin guards(although he though the 'cups' were shin guards) and soccer ball I though he was going to explode! he was a little disappointed when he could get a helmet, I guess we haven't done a good job teaching our sons the difference between sports. Needless to say he tried on his black and blue shoes and insisted on wearing them out of the store!
He is number 2 for the cowboys and had his first game this past Saturday! They play 3v3 at this age, for 2-15 minute quarters. Each group of 3 plays for five minutes and we had the hardest time keeping kyle on the field for his amount of time. Every time he did something or play stopped, he would run to me or Scott for a rest or to give us a hug!!! Otherwise I do think he has perfect personality for this game, he is aggressive and with no real understanding of the game, scored the first goal of his first game!
I went into this very nervous, never having done anything like this before, not knowing what would be involved for me as a parent in a strictly voluntary organization. But found myself volunteering before I know it! I haven't looked forward to anything like this in a long time and am SO excited to be a team mom, to work in the concession stand and help organize weekly parties! I know Scott and I are both looking forward to sitting out in the sweltering sun, the freezing cold and the wind to watch our little budding soccer star have a blast!

~unfortunately photographing sports is not something I have ever done, don't know much about and certainly don't have the equipment for. I gave it my best shot, but with the super bright sun didn't get anything technically great, but personally they are the best photos I have!

the part of the team that was paying attention, walking the line during practice.
Photobucket
K was the first to kick off...
Photobucket
and went straight down the field...
Photobucket
to score his first goal and the first of the game!
Photobucket
running to me for a hug.
Photobucket
him being aggressive...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

randi said...

AWESOME!! I am so proud to have a soccer star grandson!! GO KYLE!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh.....love his expressions! Miss my boys.
Shelly

Britney said...

That's so freaking cute! Congrats little miss soccer mom! I am so excited for you and Scott - what an awesome feeling!