Aug 18, 2010

tree house.....

I have come to the conclusion that facebook is about the biggest time suck there is on the internet. I refused to make a profile for months and months not wanting to get caught up in all that childish stuff....well I got caught up in it and have almost 200 'friends' to show for it. Some of these people I talk to on a regular basis, some every now and then, others I haven't seen or talked to since high school. Now just because I haven't seen or talked to these people doesn't mean they are not close to my heart, but keeping up with what they are eating for lunch or their mafia wars is not worth taking that time away from my family and my hobby that gets me on the computer anyway and I, by choice, let it take away to much time.
SO I am calling up that little thing called self control and I am stepping away from facebook. I am not going to delete my profile because I do still want to keep in contact, but I will not get on everyday.
The only reason I use to get on the computer when the boys went to bed was to research and study photography. Now when I sit down to the computer after work, when the boys are begging for attention, I let myself get sucked right into facebook, and for what? I rarely do anything with my photography anymore even though that is truly what I love besides my family.
With all this extra time I will have on my hands, I will do art projects with my kiddos after school, play ball with them outside and probably take a few pictures of them! And after bedtime, I will pursue my photography more.


Ok, now off my soapbox of my facebook shortcomings, on with the tree house!

Now anyone that knows Scott and me knows that we do not finish projects! With all the good intentions we just get side tracked with other things. Well scott got a wild hair a few months ago and started the kids a tree house out back. I was a little nervous when he first said something about it- thinking that we would end up with a few hundred bucks of wasted plywood stuck up in a tree somewhere. But he scouted out the perfect spot for this thing, four small trees in a perfect square not to far from the back porch and only a few yards from the deer feeder. Only a few months later believe it or not, with a lot of planning, re-planning, help from the kids and scotts dad it is finished. The thing is even painted. We let the kids pick out the paint for the inside- neon yellow and lime green, I broke out the sewing machine to make them spongebob curtains and it has an enormous red stag antler for the handle that probably weighs more than the kids.
Now if we could just get them to go play in it! I am sure with the weather changing...hopefully soon it will get some use. I imagine it might turn into a deer stand come deer season.

and now for the photogrpahy part:)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Britney said...

Jennifer! I'm so jealous - I want a tree house!! I'm so glad y'all finished it...it's awesome! I kept waiting for an update on it - I'm sure once the weather cools off the boys are going to want to sleep out there. LOL