Oct 8, 2008

girls weekend.....

WOW! i don't even know where to start. i do know that i had an amazing time this weekend catching up with my friends. Getting uninterrupted girl talk, meeting and hearing about their families and taking pictures was just icing on the top of being in such a beautiful place. For anyone that doesn't know, i(and S) would LOVE to live in Kerrville. this weekend made it really hard not to come home, pack up my family and just leave Houston behind. if only it were that easy.
The ride there was great, i rolled down the windows, cranked up the radio without kid music and just enjoyed the ride. It is amazing to me how fast the landscape changes as soon as passing San Antonio, i had a hard time keeping on the road because i wanted to take EVERYTHING in.
The closer i got to Monica and Allan's house the more nervous i got, it had been 3 years since i had seen them and that was only for a few hours. As soon as i walked in the house, it all melted away(except for my own insecurities) and it felt like we had hung out last week. i got to meet the newest edition to her family and re-meet the ones that have grown so much i barely recognized them. We got to just talk and talk, it was so nice. Her and Allan brought me to see their lab which backs up to the Guadalupe river. We all hung out at their house that night, laughing and playing with the kids.
Saturday Monica and I meet our other friend Shelby for lunch at a cafe on the river(it was wonderful) and decided to go Kayaking. Unfortunately, for several reason Monica could not join us on our adventure, hopefully next time because i missed her company.
Going Kayaking was a blast, i just can't wrap my head around the fact that people live places where you can just do that kind of stuff without planning and traveling. i brought a disposable camera on the Kayak with me and got a few good pictures. i was a little nervous about being able to hold my camera the next day because of shocking my body and muscles with exercise!
Saturday night Shelby and I sat outside her house on a swing, up on a hill, overlooking the Kerrville city lights. it was breathtaking.
I was sad when it came time to leave Sunday morning, but SO ready to see S and the boys. I can't wait to visit again, maybe on day in the near future we won't have to leave on Sunday morning.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Homegrown Living said...

It sounds like you had a well deserved mini vacation! I love the last picture...what post process did you use or is that SOOC? It's beautifuL!

Paparazzimommy_Dayna said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! I've been waiting on your photos. They look great. It does seem weird that people can just drive to a fun adventure, like we drive to the grocery store, huh?! lol

randi said...

I am so glad you had such a good time!!
The pics are beautiful.
I would say something comparing Kerville to here but I don't want to get toasted!!

Homegrown Living said...

Hey Jenn,
I just checked out the snowflake thing and I'm addicted. I hope you don't mind, I added the link to my blog too...it's so cool!

Stef said...

So beautiful. We want to get kayaks for here too. Love the last pic.

Anonymous said...

what did you do on that last one? very cool shots.