Oct 1, 2008

get away.....

for the last (almost) 3 years, i have had two nights away from K, and that was the night before and the night after i had T. i have never been away from T for more than what it takes to go to work. We very rarely have a babysitter to go do things by ourselves. it's not because we don't have plenty of people more than willing to watch the boys, we just prefer to have them with us and do things with them.

with that said, hunting season is here, almost in full swing and S was feeling a little guilty about going hunting last weekend without us. i use to go, but it is easier to stay home with the boys. in a year or two we will be back to spending deer season all together. when he left he offered to spend this entire weekend just him and the boys so i could go to Kerville( my dream place to live). 3 very special friends of mine, that i have not seen in a long time live there and i have been dying to make this trip.
i just never dreamed it would be just me and my camera.

i may need a small therapy session after i get home from leaving T, but i will survive....i think. i have already had to hold back tears just thinking about leaving them. and of course he picks this week to start getting clingy and crying when i drop him off with my sister in the morning. maybe he knows.

well, i have my plans pretty much made and my batteries are charging. i plan on taking a slow ride that way and stopping on a whim to get a picture if i want. i hope i can unleash the artist that i know is inside me this weekend and get the creative juices flowing. i have been kind of in a rut with photography and i hope i can get past it this weekend. i hope to get caught up with my friends, laugh cry or what ever. i am so excited i can't stand it.


this picture was taken in '01. i am in the red shirt, Shelby and Monica are next to me and monica's husband in behind her in the grey shirt. these are the wonderful people i will be visiting this weekend.

5 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Anonymous said...

you are waaaaaayyy overdue some time to yourself! You are a wonderful mommy to want to be with your family all the time, but you also deserve to be your own person with your own hobbies sometimes! I can't wait to see your photos when you get back. Just leave cypress in your rearview mirror for the weekend - it'll all be here when you get back and the boys will get good Daddy time! Did I also mention how jealous I am???

Stef said...

That's so awsome Jenn! My girls weekend is in 2 weeks & I can't wait!!! When are those boys going to be able to stay w/aunt Stef for the weekend, so that you & S can do something as a couple & I can have some auntie time?

Paparazzimommy_Dayna said...

oh man...I'm still waiting on mine. (doubt mine is coming though) Have fun!!

randi said...

Jenn, S is such a good dad!! That being said, you know if someone melts down(s) I'll be here!!
I hope you have a fantastic time.

ps be careful and call when you get there

Homegrown Living said...

Have fun Jenn! I'm so jealous that you're going to take pics at your leisure along the way. I can't wait to see them when you return!