Aug 5, 2008

emotions are a bitch.....

i wear my emotions on my sleeve, always have. i cry at the drop of a hat, i take on emotions and feelings that i shouldn't, that are not mine to take on. i hide my emotions and they just stir around inside me until i don't know whether i need to throw up or just explode. they get hugged, brushed, bumped and hit, that is just the nature of being sensitive and it sucks.


one thing that i need to learn (especially the older that i get), is that i can't please everyone, not everyone is gonna like me and i can't make everyone like everyone else. misunderstandings happen, everyone has different views, opinions and different sides of a story that can't always be communicated.


i think this is why i have a hard time making and keeping friends, i have a hard time communicating and i shut down if something happens. not because i don't love or value the person, but because my emotions get so strong i don't know what to do with them and it is just easier to ignore.


sometimes i wish i was an unemotional person or , i guess the better thing to wish for, is to be a stronger person so i could just deal with situations better. yeah- stronger would be good.

just thought i would share a little k-butt crack to lighten the mood after that.


9 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Stef said...

First of all, that K-butt crack is the cutest thing ever. Second of all I'll always be your friend. I love u & you can call me anytime U need to talk. (even if it's me your mad at)

randi said...

Yea, k does have some sweet butt crack!!
Love you Jenn.

Anonymous said...

I've personally mastered the fine art of shelving my emotions so I don't have to deal with them. I've got a nice little storehouse filled with all the things I can't or won't ever truly deal with becaue I just shove it aside until I eventually explode. At the end of the day you just need to be true to yourself - stand on your own two feet, firm in your beliefs, and if it doesn't win friends, then so be it. You're such a fun, awesome person - don't try to please everyone or you'll drive yourself crazy!

*Jennifer* said...

WOW- that you Cynthia, i had tears in my eyes readng that.
and to all the other people that have asked, nothing has been done to me directly, i am not mad at anyone.
i have just had recent situations that got me thinking what a sensitive and over-emotional person i am and that i keep that all bottled up inside.:)

Anonymous said...

This makes me a little sad. Have you tried journaling? I know that can really work for a lot of people. You don't have to confront anyone you can just write out how you feel.

Sarah Albin said...

Does making this post making you feel better? I have found that writing stuff on my blog helps me feel much better. Thanks for coming over to my blog to visit! I will check in here more often!!

Mom2Drew said...

I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve too, good to know I'm in good company.

Love the crack;)

Jo said...

Your blog entry could have been something I'd written, I do exactly the same thing. I recently had my world come crashing down around me, but it was great to have so many fantastic (Pea)friends to lean on. Cute butt ;-P

Linda said...

Hmmmm...you sound an awful lot like me! I could have written your post-but I'm glad that you did and you said it so well. BTW, I have personally found that it is the strong that wish to be stronger. The weak generally don't know that they are. So, I suspect that you ARE a strong lady.