Sep 4, 2008

a fleeting moment of relief.....

i'm sure most of you know the A/C went out in my car last week, major bummer, because it is freaking HOT!
And i'm sure that most of you who read this know that it is not a strange occurrence for it to be in the high 80's before 8 0'clock in the morning with enormously high humidity in Houston. Now, i am no meteorologist, but even i know that no A/C+high heat/ humidity=butt crack sweat, not nice first thing in the morning!
So much to my surprise, when i walked out my door this morning, prepared to be hot and wind blown when i got to work, it was AMAZING outside! Such a beautiful number showed up on my thermometer, 74 degrees! it was so refreshing to ride to work with my windows down out of pleasure, so i could feel it, and believe it. perfect, clear blue sky and it even smelled good, i know that is weird, but i love the way fall smells.
I am not getting my hopes up by any means that it will still be nice when i get up in the morning, but it does give me a fleeting moment of relief and hope that fall is in fact just around the corner. So, i will take what i can get for now, but it makes my heart happy when i know fall is getting near. i love everything this time of year means, good weather, family and tradition!

0 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....: