Mar 17, 2008

A shoulder to...um...well...

I have recently discovered that the saying, a shoulder to cry on, brings on a whole new meaning with a two year old.
In most instances, my left shoulder bares the tears of an overly emotional little guy, i love that, and think one of the best parts about being a mom is being the comforter.
The other, not so glamorous, duty of my left shoulder is the softest, most obvious snot wiping surface.
My little guys have been plagued with constant runny noses for a month. Poor little T's nose hurt him so bad the other day, he screamed when i attempted to wipe it. i luckily found that aquaphor works wonders for that!
i guess K seems to think my shoulder is more fit to handle his runny nose than a tissue and i caught him rubbing his nose all over my shirt. i was holding him for whatever reason(i think he wanted me to pick him up just for that purpose!) and he started rooting his face in my shoulder, i couldn't believe it when i realized what he was doing! i looked down and there it was, snot all over me! i know that boy knows what a tissue is and how to use, because i have shown him where to wipe his buggers(that a whole other can of worms!)
i think back about it, and he has done that exact same thing so many times, like when he has been crying, he rubs his tears and his nose, i have just not been paying much attention to what exactly he is wiping. I so i guess i now have 'the shoulder to snot on.........'
I just wonder how many times I have been walking around a store with snot shining on my shirt?

0 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....: