Jun 15, 2008

a sunset and a beautiful girl.....

I had the most awesome and productive weekend. well, i did not work out one single time, but i got some of the best pictures i have taken, and i got paid for some of them!!

S, me and the boys went to visit my brother & sister-in-law, niece and nephew in the country for the past weekend. we spent a lot of time with my sister-in-laws family at their farm; visiting, eating great food, petting cows, riding fourwheelers/tractors, and taking pictures. we LOVE hanging out there, they make us feel like family.

when we made plans to got visit, the trip was originally so scott could work on friday and saturday for his brother, but it turned out to be the perfect time to enlist my beautiful niece to be my guinea pig model! i had a lot of ideas in my mind to try out creatively with my camera and thought this to be a great opportunity. she did so great and i was so happy with the results.

well, that lead to me being asked to take family pictures for the whole family and 'senior' pictures for stef's brother. i was SO nervous i barely slept the night before, but it turned out great! i got wonderful Senior pictures and determined that i work better one on one. the group family shots, in my opinion came out OK, and the family loved them. of course i found about 100 different thing i could have changed after the fact. i guess on one hand that is good; i can recognize the need for improvement while still being okay with the end produce and i am still wanting to learn more!

other than it being such a great weekend for me, K had THE BEST time in the world; he got to pet cows, drive/ride the fourwheeler and play with his cousin, N! T also had a good time, he is getting a lot easier to take, because he isn't 100% dependent on me now.

the picture above is the first picture i got off my camera and processed. i love it and was so lucky to have captured the image i wanted! i will be working on the rest of the pictures and hope to have a few more posted this week. now i am off the exercise!


4 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that photo!! Great lighting!

Stef said...

OK, I need a copy of that one. Thanks so much for taking our pics this weekend. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Jenn, your just so great. I love you so much.

Homegrown Living said...

Jennifer - that picture is so amazing! Will you be my teacher - hahaha ....no seriously :)

*Jennifer* said...

Stef-wow, you made me get teary eyed. i love you to and your entire family. it was my pleasure to take the photos!
THanks Cynthia and britney- i think it was a lot of luck(and a beautiful girl) to get that shot just right!