Dec 10, 2008

up in smoke.....

A few weeks ago, what seemed to be the opportunity of a lifetime came my way. The owner of the Houston Oaks Country club and golf course saw the engagement and wedding pictures I took of Mellissa and Roger Bonanno at the country club. They were interested in using my pictures for advertisement and then asked if I was interested in being the photographer for their all inclusive wedding package.

You can only imagine how flattered I was to hear they liked my work that much! I thought LONG and HARD about that kind of commitment with the boys being so young and decided to decline the offer of being the only photographer for this package. However, we did talk about setting up an appointment after the first of the year to talk about me being on a list of preferred photographers that they recommend if a bride asks and to talk about them using my images of M&R for their advertisement.

I got a very unfortunate phone call last night telling me that the facility burned down over this weekend(http://www.houstonoaks.com/golf/proto/houstonoaks/documents/firememo.pdf) luckily no one was injured in the fire, I am very saddened for the owners, employees of HOCC and the future wedding parties that were scheduled. I am also bummed about the loss of the possibility of photographing weddings at that location. Hopefully when they get rebuilt, up and running my opportunity will not be lost. Until then, I will keep trudging along, learning and getting better, so when another opportunity comes my way, I will be even more experienced!

2 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Stef said...

Oh Jenn! That sucks! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it happened. Maybe by the time they rebuild you will be ready to be the full time photographer. You are great. Keep up the good work.