May 2, 2008

here's to new goals....

some of you may have gotten the e-mail i sent out to the people that live close to me, asking for a swim coach.

for those of you who didn't, i was asking for a swim coach, because i can barely swim to save my life, but more seriously because i want to train and compete in triathlon. and swimming is the first area ineed help.

because of my wonderful cousin Tanya, who competes, this has been in the back of my mind for several years, but i have ignored it because of my fear of swimming(and failure, and a challenge and failure and well, the effort).

in the last few weeks i have a few signs that have led me to the decision to swallow whatever it is holding me back from trying something new(and scary) and just do it.

i have found a friend who is willing to take this journey with me. we really don't know each other, in fact only having meet for the first time last night, but this will be a great opportunity to get to know each other and build a friendship. hopefully we meet more people along the way!

i think it will be good for me to have a goal to work toward, but more importantly it will be good for me mentally and of course physically, i am not use to taking on a challenge other than motherhood.

so hopefully with the support of family, friends, strangers willing to help out, and with a lot of hard work from me, i can make this happen.

1 comments....clicky,clicky right here.....:

Jim and Cherryl said...

hey jenn. sandys dad on this end new at this sandy started this bye//